2010-2011 School Year Highlights
The 2010-2011 school year was an exciting and groundbreaking year for our youth programs.
The Big Picture• NYRR youth programs served as many as 105,000 children a week locally, nationally, and internationally.
• NYRR established running programs in 625 schools and community centers around the world.
• Mighty Milers around the world logged more than 3 million miles.
New York City• NYRR’s primary youth programs, Mighty Milers and Young Runners, served as many as 50,000 NYC children a week—an 11% increase.
• Mighty Milers NYC ran nearly 1.8 million miles—a 50% increase.
• NYRR staged 57 youth events for more than 20,000 participants.
• Mighty Milers programs are running in all 50 states and Puerto Rico!
• Mighty Milers in the U.S. logged 2.98 million miles —a 45% increase!
• Mighty Milers in the U.S. earned 72,496 "marathon of miles" medals—a 60% increase.