- Who are New York Road Runners?
- What's the purpose of the videos?
- I'm a Coach/Teacher/Parent; how can these videos help me?
- Should I show these videos to my kids?
- Is there a running program that connects the activities?
- What other coaching resources are available from NYRR?
- I'm interested in setting up a youth running program; can NYRR help me?
- How can I tell my colleagues and friends about A Running Start?
- How can I keep up-to-date on A Running Start?
- I'm looking for advice about using these activities in my coaching; where can I get help?
- What are the broswer requirements for viewing the A Running Start website?
- I'd like to use one of the A Running Start videos on my website; can I embed the videos?
- Are the videos available on DVD?
- I have an idea for a variation or improvement for an activity; what's the best way for me to share it?
The ING New York City Marathon, NYRR's premier event, is the largest and most inclusive marathon in the world, attracting the world's top professional runners every year and raising nearly $25 million for charity in 2009. NYRR's running-based youth programs, which currently serve more than 100,000 children in hundreds of schools and community centers, promote children's health and fitness, character development, and personal achievement in underserved communities.
- Mighty Milers is a national easy-to-implement K-8 youth running program designed for all fitness levels. Children strive to complete one to four "marathons of miles" (26.2 to 104.8 miles) over the course of a program cycle at their school or community center. They achieve this by running or walking upwards of half a mile two to five times a week during supervised sessions. NYRR provides training, resources, and staff support, plus incentives for the children as they reach milestones toward their distance goals.
- Young Runners is an after-school running program that teaches NYC youth of all fitness levels to run distances ranging from 1 to 6.2 miles. Through team practices and events, Young Runners increase their running performance while learning about perseverance, teamwork, and healthy habits for life. NYRR provides training, resources, and staff support, plus incentives for the children as they achieve personal and team goals.
In addition, NYRR organizes year-round youth events in the New York City area that include Youth Jamborees, road races, track meets, health and fitness fairs, and more. Find out more details here.
- Internet Explorer: 7 or later
- Firefox: 2 or later
- Safari: 2 or later
- Chrome: 4 or later
In addition, our video player requires Adobe Flash Player 9, version 9.0.28 or higher. Please note Apple iOS or Android devices are not required to have Flash Player installed and will automatically use a HTML5 video player instead.
If you don't see the answer to your own question above, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.