A game that improves overall fitness, athletic skills, and key elements of the running stride
- Everyone is "it" at the same time.
- Runners tag each other by stepping lightly on their toes.
- Once tagged, players are out until there is a single winner.
- Players are also out if they go out of bounds.
- The game is best with five or more players.
- Stomping is not allowed!
- The best way to avoid being tagged is to keep the feet moving quickly.
- Keeping the playing space small will encourage short, quick, agile movements.
Duration / Reps: The game is usually over quickly, so it can be played a few times
When: Ideal for keeping runners active and motivated during the last 10 minutes of practice
You Need: Cones (or other boundary markers)
- Improves overall fitness
- Develops skills such as agility and coordination, which are important for overall athleticism and preventing injuries
- Develops key elements of running, such as knee lift and quick foot turnover, which promote a longer and faster running stride