A dynamic stretch for the hamstrings and back muscles
- Standing with feet a bit more than shoulder-width apart, extend the arms to the sides, keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Maintaining a straight back, bend at the hips and reach with one hand for the opposite foot.
- Return to the upright position and repeat on the other side.
- Stretch at a gentle pace, using fluid side to side movements. Don't bounce up and down.
- It's okay to bend the knees slightly when reaching downward.
- Bend at the hips, but keep the back and arms straight.
- It's not necessary to touch the toes; simply reach as close as possible without overstretching.
Duration / Reps: 10 reaches on each side
When: During the pre-workout, warm-up routine